Tuesday, 15 January 2013

LAYWOO-D3 first successfull print


Managed to produce my first succcessful print using LAYWOO-D3.
I found the secret for my success at Jeremie's blog, http://betterprinter.blogspot.ca/2012/10/shades-of-brown-with-wood-filament-via.html.
By limiting extrusion temperature in the Cura Wood plugin from 205°C to 245°C, I managed to get rid of all the nozzle clogging that I had experienced before. I also reduced the extrusion speed from the 100mm/s that I was using for PLA/ABS to 50mm/s

Here is the result of print http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:27060:


I have noticed that this print still has some issues such as low extrusion volume in areas, this problem went away in the end when I reduced extrusion speed even further (notice the higher quality extrusion on the nose).

I am running a slower print running overnight (20mm/s) of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2620
Example of a test print: